Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Simple Recipes

I stumbled across Dessert Magazine and found this recipe to try since I have close to a whole carton of buttermilk in the fridge. It’s Emily Luchetti's recipe for Chocolate Pound Cake – I’ve seen her books but do not own any of them. I was excited to try making it since it’s such a simple recipe to make. My first bite, the only word I could think of to describe it is “soft”. I took time to slowly eat devour it today and yes, it’s soft but it’s also fudgy. Not like the normal pound cake texture I've tried - perhaps I've only eaten plain ones in the past.

Another simple recipe I whipped up last night was Rose Reisman's low fat carrot cake. I love that it’s a two-pot recipe that you can hand whisk and get in the oven within 30 minutes. For me it’s getting the ingredients that takes time, whisking it all together is a matter of minutes. Instead of baking it in my bundt pan, I decided to make carrot muffins. Sometimes I think I need to make something that is a tad healthier. This uses only 1/3 cup of oil so it’s better than a cake with loads of butter.

No comments: