Thursday, September 11, 2008

Weekend down on West Queen West

I used to love heading down to Queen West and Spadina for shopping but over the last couple of years, many big box stores have taken up shop there. Now I have to head further west along Queen before there are some nice little boutiques. Besides nice boutiques, there are many restaurants and cafes I’ve wanted to try.


My sister and I decided to check out Drake hotel for Saturday brunch. Their menu was small for brunch so I settled on Eggs Benedict. I think it is the safest item on a brunch menu for me. I found it rather heavy, as they were generous with the amount of smoked pork loin. The meal came with bbq fries and one slice of grapefruit. The service was attentive but the food was only average in my opinion. We were too full for dessert right after brunch so we went shopping to burn off some calories. After shopping, we went up to La Bambouche for dessert.


On Sunday, Tomy and I went down to Golden Turtle on Ossington for Vietnamese. We have been craving for their Pho as it was good the first time we went. Of course, it was better the first time we had it. This time it was smaller and the broth was not as tasty. We walked by their rival restaurant which was busier than Golden Turtle. That is next on our list to try!

No comments: