Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Brownies

Chewy, fudgy, cakey are different textures of brownies. I occasionally craze for the fudgy texture since you can’t overindulge. One bite and you’re full. At times, I enjoy it being more cake-like; somehow, it seems healthier although I doubt it.

I originally wanted to make Sherry Yard’s Out of this world Brownie…the picture was exactly the type of brownie I was craving. Unfortunately I did not have any unsweetened chocolate and I wanted to follow the recipe to the T, my first time making it.

I reverted to Dorie Greenspan’s Baking: My Home to Yours to find a suitable brownie recipe. Having tried out many of her recipes, I knew I wouldn’t be disappointed with the results. I went with Bittersweet Brownies, as it was the first recipe I saw and I had all the ingredients. It’s definitely a fudgy brownie, not the texture I was craving but it’s a really good brownie. She gave an option to add in instant espresso, so I put in ½ tbsp. I think it kept me up a bit that night. I forgot about the espresso as I was munching on it while unmolding and cutting. Per the recipes, the yield is 32 slender rectangles. I cut it to bite size portions to share with co-workers. Tomy and I definitely can’t finish the tray on our own.

No comments: