Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blueberries!!

Highbush blueberries
After eating my friend’s freshly picked blueberries last summer, I knew I had to go this year. We lucked out over the weekend as it was overcast when we got to the farm. The first thing I thought of when I got to the farm was that highbush blueberry plants are so pretty. Different shades of red, purple and blue. I have to say, out of all the berries I picked this summer, blueberries are the easiest and the least effort. I didn’t get too much, just under 7lbs but ate lots of berries while picking away.

Fresh berry tart
I really didn’t mean to make tarts but my mom requested it as we had relatives in town for dinner. It was yummy but I rather eat the berries fresh. I’ll save the store-bought berries for cakes and tarts.


No comments: