Sunday, July 25, 2010

Zucchini Bread


It’s zucchinis take two. I still had a few zucchinis leftover so I decided to try Smitten Kitchen’s zucchini bread recipe. It wasn’t as moist as I would like it but I suspect I overbaked it. The addition of golden raisins and walnuts works really well. If I manage to find more zucchinis at the market this week, I’ll probably make the chocolate cake again with the addition of raisins.
I love farmers markets but haven’t been able to make any of the Saturday markets in the last few weeks. I made it down to City hall this past Wednesday but found it paled in comparison to the organic markets. I guess I have to hike down to Dufferin Grove again on Thursday. Evergreen has a downtown market on Thursday during lunch hours but there are only a handful of vendors. Looking forward to going to Brickworks on Saturday mornings again.

No comments: