Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy New Year!

My first post of 2011 is a little late but it’s been so crazy at work; I’ve had no time to do much of anything.  My New Year’s resolution this year was to not be so lazy.  I definitely haven’t been lazy; I even went into work on New Year’s Day!  Yet, the work seems to be never-ending.    I think work has slowly taking over my life.  I need to work harder to balance it out again.  Even though I worked some crazy hours this week, I somehow managed to make bake twice, and all in one night!  I made banana loaf for Tomy and bittersweet brownies for myself.  I’ve experimented with various brownie recipes and still think this one is the best…8ozs of 70% bittersweet chocolate.  How can you beat that?  The recipe comes from Alice Medrich’s Pure Dessert. 
Bittersweet Brownies Adapted from Alice Medrich's Pure Dessert

Ingredients (makes sixteen 2” brownies):
8oz 70% bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped – I used Lindt
3oz unsalted butter, cut into several pieces
3 large eggs
150g sugar
Scant ¼ tsp salt
1.2oz all purpose flour
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F and line 8” square baking pan with parchment
1. Place chocolate and butter in heatproof bowl and set over a pan of almost simmering water. Stir frequently until mixture is melted, smooth and quite warm. Remove and set aside.
2. In medium bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt until eggs are thick and light coloured.
3. Whisk in warm chocolate and fold in flour.
4. Scrape batter into lined pan and spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Cool on a rack.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

dapan said...

happy new year to you too! ^^