Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pretty things...

Wait - there's an explanation for my absence!  An unexpected event resulted in us flying back to HK for a few weeks.  When I got home, I was totally jetlagged and exhausted from work...I barely cooked, let alone baked.  When I did back, I was too lazy to take pictures.  Ok, enough with the excuses, let me share some pretty things I bought yesterday. 

I was looking to get some more delicata squash at the farmer's market yesterday when I spotted this squash.  Yes... it's the kuri squash or as the French call it, potimarron. 
Besides scoring this squash, they finally had oxtail from Green Gate Farms; ok, I basically asked them to save me some as I've been getting to the market too late to get some before they sell out. Apparently, they only get oxtail every two weeks. Right now, the oxtail is simmering on the stove for tomorrow night's dinner! :)

Some more pretty things purchased this weekend:

It's been years since I've gone to the One of A Kind Show and it's much bigger than I remember and with more food products for sale. I guess that's what attracts the crowds as there was much more people than I remember.
I was debating between the two pieces but decided to get both as they would go with different outfits.  I'm pretty excited and happy about my purchases.  

No comments: