Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Obsessions

I’m obsessed with Swiss Rolls and tarts, partly because I really like eating them. Plus I’m still trying to perfect my swiss roll making skills. Last time, I made the most delicious sponge but was able to roll it nicely into a tight roll. This time, it looked perfect but the sponge lacked the texture I desired. I guess more trial and error until I made the perfect roll.

Tarts on the other had is much easier. One of my faves is the apricot tart, made with an almond filling. Tarts on the other had is much easier. One of my faves is the apricot tart, made with an almond filling.

Gotta go enjoy the last little bit of the long weekend, and hopefully pick up some alphonso mangos which I confirmed are on sale in Torono.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, haven't been keeping up with blogs lately - just catching up on yours. This apricot almond tart sounds YUMMY!!