Monday, April 5, 2010

King of Mangoes


Having missed the season last year, I’ve been keeping an eye on local blogs for this year’s crop of Alphonso mangoes. I came across this blog and concluded that they’ve arrived. A call to Kohinoor Foods confirmed they had them in stock. After enjoying the nice weather by biking down the DVP trail, we headed down to Little India in search for mangoes. It was an interesting exchange at the store, nevertheless, I got what I was looking for. I left the store happily with my box of mangoes, excited to eat the King of mangoes.
I’ll have to say, I’m not sure what the hype is all about. It was ok, not what I was expecting. The mangoes which I had in Thailand are way sweeter. It’s probably the difference with having something fresh versus shipping overseas.

No comments: