Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's not Asia...

So no ramen, sashimi, PH keychains or macarons, Hidemi Sugino desserts or his book (the one I’ve been trying to get my hands on for ages). No cheap shopping, street food, nor new cookbooks.
Instead I was in Quebec City for a few days last week relaxing (if you could call walking all day relaxing) and gaining a few pounds. It’s been years since I’ve been to Quebec City. I don’t remember much about it except having this really good dinner in Old Quebec City.
Prior to my trip, I tried researching places to eat but wasn’t too successful. Although we didn’t have specific places to eat, I knew I wanted poutine, meat pie and some pastries. I lucked out and overall got some nice weather while I was there. Here’s the highlight of the meals I ate!

Chilean Sea Bass with white truffle foam and shaved black truffle from Utopie. The sea bass was really good.

Pea Soup from Buffet de L'Antiquaire on a local's recommendation for having the best meat pie in town

Cipaille from Buffet de L'Antiquaire

Meat Pie from Buffet de L'Antiquaire

Chicken Burger with side of fries and garden salad from Chez Victor. I loved the garlic curry mayo dip for the fries

I'll have to save desserts for another post!

2 comments:

Venus ~ Vi said...

Sometime wandering aimlessly is a great way to relax or at least it is to me =)

Hidemi Sugino's books? Great buys! Is there a Kinokuniya Bookstore in your city? You save more ordering thru them then buying the books at Amazon.jp.

Mags said...

There isn't a Kinokuniya in town. I checked with the Cookbook store, they're trying to get copies of it. Thanks Vi!