Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chocolate zucchini cake

Assortment of zucchinis from Dufferin Grove Farmers Market

It’s been a hot summer this year so I’ve been trying to avoid using my oven. I’ve kept busy making jam, sorbets and just eating fresh local fruits.
In effort to purchase fresh locally grown organic fruits and vegetables, I’ve been visiting various farmer markets around the city. I was able to get myself down to Dufferin Grove Farmers Market on Thursday.  Almost every vendor had zucchinis for sale. Of course I had to pick up some fresh zucchinis for dinner and saved some for cake. 


I settled on this recipe by Simply Recipes which was as moist as she described it. I love the addition of the walnuts although I felt it was missing one thing – raisins. I found the flavours of the cake intensified after storing for a few days. I will definitely try this recipe again and throw in some raisins to see if it’s the “something” that’s missing.

No comments: