Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mango Verrines with Crème Fraîche

We were invited to a BBQ this weekend so I wanted to make something light to bring. I still had some mangoes leftover so I knew it would be something with mangoes. I decided to try out the mango verrine recipe from Vi- L'Atelier Vi. I was excited to try this recipe as it gave me the opportunity to make homemade crème fraiche. It was so easy that I wondered why I waited so long to make it. To be honest, I’ve never worked with or tried store-bought crème fraiche so I’m not sure how closely this homemade version resembles the real thing. It’s hard to find crème fraiche at the stores here and when they carry it, I find it too expensive. In Europe, crème fraiche is so much more affordable. I wish I could have shipped some home with me.

Unfortunately, I caught a something last week so had to pass on the BBQ. I guess I will have to wait until next time to share this delicious recipe with my friends!

No comments: