Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Raspberry dreams...


Since I had whipping cream and in the fridge and raspberry puree leftover from the batch of macarons I made last week, I decided to make a raspberry mousse cake. I been meaning to try but have been too lazy to puree the raspberry. I know what an excuse! Again, I experimented with a new recipe for genoise or sponge layer for the cake. It was unsuccessful; it was too sweet and too cakey. The sweetness of the sponge wasn’t noticeable since the mousse was tangy. I ‘ve decided that raspberry mousse is way better than mango mousse...I love the tangy taste of the raspberries and the seeds in the mousse. Although next time, I will take out the seeds from the glaze...I thought it was a little too much and the cake didn’t look that pretty with the seeds in the glaze. I didn’t get to garnish the cake as I had no fruits in the house. My next project would be durian mousse...not sure if Tomy will be able to handle the smell though. I’m actually not a fan of durian, I can tolerate it but I don’t love it. However my mom and a few others I know will definitely enjoy it.

No comments: